With today’s advancements in digital technology plus the increasing number of people who make use of the internet for their daily needs, more and more advantages come with having an eCommerce business. Even so, that doesn’t mean selling products online is easy. Given its perks like no store rental fees and less traditional advertising expenses, it still has its own set of challenges.
But with a beautiful accounting software like Xero, always staying on top of your eCommerce business is never impossible. Xero accounting software simply makes it easier for you to monitor cashflow, streamline admin tasks, manage orders, and check the health of your company on a daily basis. On top of all that, it seamlessly works with different kinds of third party applications so that everything you need to run your online store is taken care of to the tee.
And that’s why we’re here. Your friends here at Enterprise Global ought to save you from the hassle of going through all the 600+ Xero app integrations just to find the perfect set of applications to help you in managing your eCommerce site.
Here are our top 5 picks of Xero eCommerce add-ons:
Probably two of the greatest challenges of managing an online retail store are monitoring inventory and managing orders. But even if you’re running a store on the internet, these tasks are now made easy by using Xero accounting software with an app like TradeGecko.
With this app, apart from leveling up your inventory and order management processes, you are also able to seamlessly automate all the other tasks especially your two-way payments. No wonder, TradeGecko is the most-loved eCommerce add-on of thousands of Xero users. Want to know more about it? Here’s a quick rundown of all its awesome features:
- Create a sales order In TradeGecko, the invoice total is pushed to Xero as a sales invoice in the sales account.
- Create a purchase order on TradeGecko and the order total is pushed to Xero in real time. You can then approve the bill and use Xero to make payments.
- Cost of goods and stock on hand are updated daily
- At the end of every day, TradeGecko collates all changes in your stock levels into a single bill on Xero; including your shipments, received purchase orders and stock adjustments.
- Manage sales, stock, accounting, shipping and customer data from a single system.
- Control stock across SKUs, Warehouses, Currencies, Taxes and Pricelists
- Integrate with your eCommerce store on Shopify, Amazon, Woocommerce or Magento
Carry The One
Some tend to believe that it’s easier to know how your business is doing if you’re hands-on in running a traditional, physical retail store - that’s because they see with their own eyes the number of customers coming in to buy and with their bare hands they can really count the money that they’ve earned. But even so, that doesn’t mean tracking sales is difficult with an eCommerce business.
With an application like Carry The One, you’ll be able to monitor your sales as well as your business growth just like having a physical store. By using this with your Xero account, you can now seamlessly import your sales in real time.
If you’re still wondering how this add-on is a consistent contender on Xero’s top eCommerce apps, here’s a list of some of its features:
- Compatible with BigCommerce, CRE Loaded, Magento, OpenCart, osCommerce, Salesforce, Shopify, Zen Cart and all other eCommerce platforms
- Automatically import your orders and customer information into Xero.
- Automatically apply payments to the invoices created.
- Automatically match items ordered with items in your Xero inventory.
- Enhanced inventory integration: set cost prices and update prices, cost prices and descriptions.
- Stock accounting (COGS, SOH) automation (for supported carts: BigCommerce, Magento, PrestaShop).
- Automatically create credit notes in Xero for orders that are returned
- Multiple currency support
- Set Xero Tracking Category
- Full support for GST, VAT and Sales Tax
- Full support for discount vouchers and coupons.
- Extensive yet easy configuration (with contextual help)
- Invoices are intelligently matched to existing customer records or new customer records are created on the fly.
- Reconcile payments from Xero's PayPal Importer and Bank Feeds with your invoices.
A2X is an application developed by ExportX International Limited. It is is an automated cloud-based service used by Amazon merchants to import their Amazon sales and fee transactions and to post summarized transactions to Xero accounting systems. Hence, it really isn’t a wonder why thousands of Amazon sellers worldwide including their accountants, use Xero with A2X.
Monitoring your Amazon-based business is simply a breeze once you let A2X help you account for your online sales and expenses. And because doing accounting and managing financials is a lot easier with Xero, you’ll be able to stay on top of your game more with this collaboration. Check out its list of cool features and benefits:
- Match transactions from your bank with your books in Xero
- Post easy-to-reconcile summarized invoices to Xero
- Easily monitor your Amazon sales, fees, FBA inventory, and cost of goods sold
- See your daily cash flow in real time using your mobile, Mac, PC, or tablet
- Take care of sales tax returns and financial reports easily
- Invite your team and work together on financial data. You can collaborate over your up-to-date numbers.
More and more Xero users/business owners give this app a 5-star rating because of how Airsquare just makes running an online shop so simple and convenient. It is truly an all-in-one website platform that enables you to stay on top of your retail business - online or in-store.
With a great collaboration like Airsquare and Xero, you’ll never have a hard time managing your SME even on your own. Its seamless integration with Xero cloud accounting software makes time-consuming tasks like tracking transactions, updating inventory, creating custom invoices, and monitoring sales totally stress-free.
If you’re still a bit hazy on what we’re talking about, just see some of Airsquare’s features and advantages here:
- Natively supports physical products, digital/intangible products, tickets, donations and subscriptions
- Allows you to use pricing tiers to sell to different customer groups, e.g. retail vs wholesale, member vs non-member
- Everything you need to set up an online store, manage stock, accept payments & process your orders, and more, is here
- Tracking transactions from your online shop to your money in the bank is fast and efficient
- Efficiently link customer details, creating price tier specific sales orders, auto emailing invoices and updating inventory
- Manage taxes, discounts and rounding exactly like Xero does - no discrepancies
- Line items use the right item and account codes, tax and discounts will be set correctly, refunds will create credit notes, payments are added to invoices using the right bank account
- Customers get a branded invoice attached to their order confirmation email straight away
If you want to make your eCommerce business life a little less complicated, then use powerful apps like Rocketspark with a beautiful accounting software like Xero. And most especially, if you’re just about to start your small online business in Singapore, Rocketspark will indeed be able to help you launch your trade right away. Simply put, everything you will need to be able to sell products online is provided for and made possible by Rocketspark.
Rocketspark makes it super fast and simple for you to setup your eCommerce website, no matter how much of a beginner or tech savvy business person you are. You’ll be guided accordingly so that your website’s design and layout follows the best practices for Singapore’s eCommerce market today. You’ll simply be amazed with the professional and competitive results of creating your eCommerce website with just a single app such as Rocketspark.
Here are more of its cool features:
- Extremely easy to update and change the design of your website
- Fast to set up, intuitive product/stock management and no transaction fees other than payment gateway fees.
- Easy product and inventory management
- Customer Accounts makes it fast for customers to come back and buy using their saved details.
- First-time buyers can save their details for future purchases, whether they create an account or not.
- A customer record is created in Xero when the online sale is completed.
- Invoices for bank transfer sales are marked as draft, pending payment
- Invoices for credit card sales are automatically approved in Xero.
- Invoice in Xero shows products ordered, shipping, discounts and tax.
- An itemised invoice is created in Xero for each online transaction.
Despite the fact that the eCommerce industry (in Singapore and worldwide) is continuously growing each year, you have to acknowledge the fact that most people today still prefer physical shopping over the online experience, if they’d be given a choice. So for you to be able to keep up with the tight competition and other disadvantages of running an online store, you’ll have to do whatever it takes to thrive. Cash in on your potentials and be a leader in your own online niche.
So apart from using Xero accounting Singapore along with some of these add-ons, another way to make sure you’re on the right track to growing your eCommerce business is getting the best accounting, financial, and management team for your company. Work with us, Enterprise Global. Send us an email so we could help you more.